+ My Role | UX Researcher
+ Team | 4 Members
+ Duration | Jan–Mar 2018 (3 mos), HCDE Usability Study
+ Sector | E-Commerce
+ Sponsor | Microsoft AI Personal Shopping Assistant
Project Timeline(In Process)
Microsoft Personal Shopping Assistant is a smart shopping mobile cart available in web (browser extension) and as a mobile app. The overall goal of this usability test is to find the usability issues of the its mobile app. Both the versions are currently in beta version so the overall goals of this usability test are:
- Identify potential usability issues in the mobile app.
- Are the users being able to understand the overall function and purpose of the app?
- Understand whether the participants find this app useful enough to continue using it.
The target group intended for this product is:
- 18 - 35
- Android user
- Shops frequently online from their smartphones (at least once a month) from bowser and any retail app.
- English speaking
- Frequently looks out for discounts and compares prices in different apps/platforms
- Preferably creates boards in apps like Pinterest etc.
- Preferably creates wish lists in the retail apps
Mobile Interaction Map
We explored the interactions within the PSA Mobile and categorized the actions in to 3 flows:
- Adding Products to PSA Mobile
- Main Tasks within PSA Mobile
Based on the client's feedbacks and complexity of each flow, we decided to mainly focus on testing Flow 2 & 3.
Usability Study Planning
Right now, we are in the process of refining key usability study scenarios & tasks. We will conduct another client meeting to finalize our detailed usability test kit.